Monday 11 April 2011

Charity Shop Finds

There's now a Barnado's in Plymouth Armada Centre where Ham & Sewell used to be. They have a lot of vinyl in there, most of it is the usual stuff you find in charity shops but if you have twenty minutes or so to dig, there's some interesting records in that little lot. They also have masses of 7" singles but they would take another trip to dig through. Today, in ten minutes I found a few records for £1 each!

ZZ Top (pictured) 'ZZ Top's First Album'. I've seen a few copies of 'Eliminator' in charity shops and, indeed, that's where I got my copy from, but to find the other titles is rare.

Next up was a Chris Rea 'Road to Hell'. My Dad used to play this album in the car when I was a kid. It especially evokes memories of driving to the family caravan in Polzeath on a Saturday afternoon.


Finally, a copy of Ravel's orchestrated version of Mussorgsky 'Pictures at an Exhibition' performed by L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande. This is almost mint, despite being from 1972 it looks like it's only been played a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment